Thursday, March 5, 2009

tu fui ego eris.

So, that means, "What I am, you will become." It's Latin, of course, and I got it off Silent Hill 3. (Which, btw, is such an awesome game. I'd totally play it if I didn't scream and fling the controller across the room every half a minute. Waaaaay too freaky for me to play.)

I've been having a Silent Hill/Resident Evil fetish for a while, and I totally blame it on this girl here: http://www.youtube.com/user/valtanner?blend=1&ob=0 She's pretty damn awesome. Her Southern accent makes me crack up so hard, cuz she's just so easygoing and laidback when she's playing one of the most terrifying games known to mankind. (Watch her game walkthroughs, which are SO MUCH FUN, here: http://www.youtube.com/user/VTWalkthroughs)

I just never realized what a complex web of emotion and plots and deeper meanings Silent Hill had. You know, a week ago, I didn't even know that they had 6 games out already. Hmmm. I'm about to go on a complete rant here about the games, but I'm going to stop myself. IM me if you do wanna talk about it.

~

Current Mood: Watching Diru singing takes me to another reality entirely.
Current Song: Underoath's entire album.
Current Quote: "Looks like God didn't make it."

My family friends, Ken and Nancy Cluckey, whom I'm staying with, are just wonderful people. I just ADORE being in this house. First of all, there's a GORGEOUS flat-screen high-def TV with a whole load of great channels. I'm watching Shawshank Redemption as we speak. (Awww the memorial library scene. =]) Hmmm. Secondly, these two old folks are just awesome. They're just great...they're hilarious, and they let me do whatever I want, they take such great care of me, and I love being with them. What's most important is that they understand I'm a teenager. I really appreciate that. ;)


They're interesting people. Uncle Ken was talking on the phone with a friend he had from high school (they got in contact because of their 50-year reunion of their class. WHOA). And they were talking about some of the people in their class who just didn't make it as huge as people thought they would. There was this athlete, who shot himself when he was 24, or something. Apparently he was the one who'd play a dozen sports and beat everyone. Then there was another person who died really young because of illness or something.


Got me thinking.


Where are we gonna end up? I thought about all the seniors graduating with me this year, and I just paused for a second. Sure, I highly, HIGHLY doubt people in my class are going to be robbing banks in 20 years or anything, but life's just so unpredictable.


And sure, we already know that life's unpredictable, but sometimes it takes a thing or two to slap us in the face and remind us again. Uncle Ken's daughter's got a lump in her breast. I just hope it works out. You only live life once. Doesn't mean you gotta go out there and do heroin, be promiscuous, and waste your life away chasing desires you're never gonna truly fulfill. It means that you gotta keep a level head on your shoulders, but when it really comes down to it, you gotta follow your heart. Nothing's more important than following your heart.

No comments: