Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daylight savings...

...is majorly annoying. I lose an hour of sleep tonight! Arghhhhh. Well, I'm just currenly hanging around waiting for my laundry to get done. I'm up later than everyone else in this house, as always, the way I usually am, in the kitchen (around the food, which I sorta end up eating most of the time).

Honest to god, I want to type a really long post, but I'm sort of not feeling a really long post. I'm gonna go start on On The Road, and maybe read a few lines of the Tao Te Ching, and then call it a night. I just got off the phone with Alex, and although prior to the phone call I was feeling extremely mellow, right now I'm feeling this emptiness in my stomach. It's making me kind of upset. I'm trying to decide if I really should meet him on Monday or not. I know what's coming if I do. I also know that I'll fall back into the vicious cycle again if I don't.

~
Current mood: Semi-mellow
Current song: All Time Low - Dear Maria, Count Me In
Current Quote: "And I need someone to keep my sanity in check constantly."

All Time Low's resonating in my head.


I've got your picture, I'm coming with you, Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle and I'm the pen
Make it count when I'm the one who's selling you out
Because it feels like stealing hearts, calling your name from the crowd


How does music make us feel things the way it does? Why does Gazette feel like a breath of fresh air, calming me down despite the screamo melodies? Why does Martin Sexton make me feel like I'm crumbling inside, cynical of the world? Why does Pitbull make me wanna slink onto the table and work my body?


Was just talking to one of my old friends about stuff today. We talked about music, and he introduced me to newer music... and although we hadn't talked in forever, somehow we clicked again because of music. Everyone loves different music, and searches for the kind of music which connects with them most, but how is it that it brings us all together despite differences? Well, music was the icebreaker, and we ended up talking about more important things. It comforts me to know that I am actually helping people in this world in ways that extend beyond materialistic or physical ways.


Nothing's more important than being there for people.

No comments: